I’ve been waking up joyful and full of gratitude. That’s hard to beat!
And I heard a new song in my meditation today!
Sing it with me everyone: “I’m starting with the man in the mirror! I’m asking him to change his ways!” It doesn’t get too much more obvious than that, eh?
Today was interesting. The joy and gratitude lasted longer before the constipation blues set in. And I had a couple food related events:
- Snack Attack: I was walking to the conference room at work in which we store the snacks and I observed a strange and strong phenoma. My body started to get all excited! Why, you ask? Well, because my body is used to us taking a little snikidy snack for ourselves when we visit the snack closet. A package of mini oreos? A granola bar? A bag of pretzels? Or on a particularly low day… cheez-its? Oh no, body. That’s not happening today. And on the inside my body made a scene comparable to a toddler tantrum. But it was on the inside. And the conference room turned out to be occupied anyway and I never made it to the locked snack closet.
- Hunger Game: I noticed today that I was able to tolerate being hungry. Hunger is not a feeling I’m familiar with… and am even less comfortable with. You see, hunger is a sign that something is wrong. It means that I’m dying and I will probably cease to exist if I don’t consume something immediately. Reframed in this new context: hunger is my body telling me it needs fuel. AND where the fuel this week is satisfactorily meeting the need of the body’s energy, it ISN’T getting me high it turns out to feel far less frantic than it did in the past.
- Full House: Tonight I stopped eating my meal (with about a 1/2 cup of food left of my plate) because I was full. I’ll say that again. I stopped eating. Because I was full. JH laughed out loud in shock because she had never seen that happen. I’ll just leave that there.
I’m looking forward to tomorrow, the lessons ahead, and hearing the next song of the day!
What I ate today:
- Green Juice (spinach, collard greens, green apple, lemon, ginger)
- Over medium eggs with steamed broccoli and sautéed (with onion and garlic) kale
- Green salad with quinoa and leftover rockfish/zucchini
- Celery with cashew butter
- Poached eggs over a bed of sautéed kale, roasted brussels sprouts & cauliflower, quinoa, and avocado