Maybe you heard about me and that I blog at a place called “i will wear sweatpants in public” and you’re wondering what that was all about… Or maybe you’re wondering what happened to that blog and why you’re here now (all of the old posts are still available there, but make sure to come back…) all new content will be here exclusively from now on!)
here’s the story!
inspired by Gretchen Rubin’s the Happiness Project and the destruction of my life as I knew it… I designed a FULLfillment project for 2012 as my attempt to discover ways to get full off of life, instead of food.
each “month” had a theme.
i got distracted from that theme often.
the hypothesis was that by the end of 2012, i’d either have a hot enough ass to wear sweatpants in public and look good doing it and/or love myself enough to feel good doing it no matter how my ass looks. both happened.
THE AGENDA FOR THE YEAR:
- January 23-February 20: prime the canvas (nourishing the physical body that my soul lives in)
- February 21-March 21: creative force(making art or art-like things)
- March 22-April 20: just the two of us(being the parent I want to be)
- April 21-May 19: ish (living without knowing answers, maybe even without questions)
- May 20-June 18: get smart (from books and other sources)
- June 19-July 18: letting the inner child out (to play!)
- July 19-August 16: plenty (money, honey)
- August 17-September 15: where the heart is (loving where I lie my head and other spaces I occupy)
- September 16-October 14: no maps allowed (experimenting with adventure)
- October 15-November 12: chosen family (nurturing my relationships with both blood and chosen relations)
- November 13-December 12: get sexy (getting, well… sexy)
- December 13-January 10 (2013): work smart (love what I do and do it with love)
THE RULES (THERE WERE ONLY 3)
- take care of self
- take care of others
- take care of environment
- i followed the lunar calendar
- the order of things i worked on is based on nothing in particular and everything i could think of
- i blogged (at least) three times a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays)
- i used what I call a “conscious choice log” to track my experiences
- i collected data about the effectiveness of the project and reported on it